Thursday, August 13, 2009

What's Your Color?


As educational professionals, we all know that there are many qualities that separate one student from another. We all do our best to diversify our classroom and instruction to meet the needs of all personalities. Do we ever look at ourselves and our co-workers in this way? Getting to know how both you and your co-workers tick can be very beneficial to a successful environment. This allows you to put each other in positions that will bring success to your team. It will also create a comfort zone, allowing people to work in their comfort areas.

Please take some time to complete the "True Colors Personality Test." It will ask for an email address. I would use a bogus address, such as "abc@gmail.com" to ensure you do not receive spam emails from the site. When you have completed the test, review your results and look at what each color reveals. Then please take a moment to comment below on what your color is and what that tells you and others about yourself. Do you agree with it?

Click on the following link to lead you to the test.

http://www.truecolorstest.com/True-Colors-Personality-Test.html

19 comments:

  1. I am green...I am a problem solver. I think this hits the nail on the head. I love to be challenged with new things and that is greens strive to do. I am not extremely dominant or deficient in any color though...they are pretty much all the same level. I am not sure if that means I am well rounded or undecided...
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am gold. I am dependable and trustworthy. I would hope this is true as this is what I strive to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dominant color is GOLD...I am a dependable and organized. If someone needs to get something done, I am always there for them. This description is very accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am both orange and yellow. I believe the orange is pretty accurate, not so sure about the yellow.
    Lisett

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamie Kelly- I'm a BLUE. I agree with my profile. I knew I wasn't GOLD! :) I love learning in a fun, personal, hands on way. I'm laid back. I really don't like rules, even though they are a necessary evil.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am gold... I am not adventurous or spontaneous... big shocker! Gold seems about right for me... organized (at least I try to be), thinking things through, and others can count on me. I am lowest in orange and second highest in blue. I am not a doormat though- Alissa:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am blue....I think my color is pretty accurate. I consider myself kind, considerate, and compassionate. I also was not extremely dominant in just one color. Maybe I'm well rounded too!!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dominant color is blue. It is true that I love people and as most know love to talk. I am compassionate, especially with animals, children and the elderly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am Gold....hits the nail on the head.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My dominant color is gold. I like to stay focused on the job at hand and am very dependable. I hate to let people down. I agree with this color. Cindy R

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a gold, with a green and blue right behind it. I think this is pretty accurate most of the time. Orange was very low!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm orange and blue came close! I'm definately a hands-on learner and problem solver!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I scored 16 with green which is knowledge. Also scored 14 on gold and tied at 10 with the two other colors. I do agree with the results.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am green. Looks like we are in the minority Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kevin McAlexander is gold. He is very organized, punctual, and dependable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm blue....I think it's pretty accurate....I do love ALL kids!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am blue. I would say I would have to agree, I have a warm and compasionate nature and enjoy inspiring others.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My color is blue...groovy because that is my favorite color in life!! Strenghts are people skills, warmth, compassionate, enjoy teaching, inspring and helping others solve problems...I aspire to live up to this color profile of me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am mostly Gold with Green next. I agree with Gold as a Student trying to learn new info.; however, as a parent and educator, I feel I am mostly GREEN..

    ReplyDelete